What is Cataract ?
A cataract is a clouding of the eye's natural lens, which lies behind the iris and the pupil. Cataracts are the most common cause of vision loss in people over age 40 and is the principal cause of blindness in the world.
Best Cataract Surgery in jabalpur
Cataracts cause clouding of the normally clear lens of the eye. Most cataracts develop as a result of old age, but they occasionally occur in infants and young children too. This blurry, frosty vision can interfere in your day-to-day activities; from difficulty in reading to self-driving at night. At life medicity Doctor for Cataracts in jabalpur are provides you best treatment for Cataract Surgery in jabalpur
The only way to get rid of cataracts is to surgically remove the natural lens in the eye and replace it with an artificial one, called Intraocular Lens (IOL). This procedure is called “Intraocular Lens Implantation”. The artificial lens used is durable and usually lasts a lifetime.
- Who Is At Risk Of Developing Cataract
- Benefits of UltraPhaco / MICS Cataract Surgery
- Types of IOLs
- What is Glaucoma ?
- Risk Factors
- Warning Signs of Glaucoma
- Surgical Facility Includes
- What is Dacryocystitis
Who Is At Risk Of Developing Cataract
- If you are 60-65 years old.
- Prolonged use of steroids.
- Overexposure to ultraviolet rays.
- Eye injuries.
- Excessive smoking / consumption of alcohol.
Best Eye Hospital in Jabalpur for Cataract Surgery
If you experience blurred, double or poor night vision, get your eyes examined immediately. At life medicity hospital , one of the best cataract hospitals in jabalpur , Cataract Surgery is assisted by the latest and most advance Ultraphaco Technique which has performed by 1.4 mm incision.
Benefits of UltraPhaco / MICS Cataract Surgery
- Excellent visual outcome.
- Surgery takes less than 5 minutes.
- Painless and Stichless surgery.
- No Injection is required.
- Precise self-sealing corneal incisions.
- Elimination of some risks associated with traditional cataract surgery.
Types of IOLsAberration-Free/Aspheric IOL Premium Aberration Free/Aspheric IOLs match more closely the shape and optical quality of the eye’s natural lens over the traditional ones. These provide sharper vision, especially in low light conditions and for people with large pupils. Toric IOLs These IOLs correct the pre existing Corneal Astigmatism. Help reducing the dependency on spectacles for distant vision post operatively. Multifocal /Trifocal IOLs These provide clear vision for all distances. Rarely the patient may experience glare during night post-multifocal lens cataract surgery. These IOLs are recommended for patients who wish to be less dependent on spectacles from near or distance work, in one go.
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is the name for a group of eye conditions in which optic nerve is damaged at the point where it leaves the eye. This nerve carries information from the light sensitive layer, the retina, to the brain where it is perceived as a picture.
In some people, the glaucoma damage is caused by raised eye pressure. Others may have an eye pressure within normal limits but damage occurs because there is weakness in the optic nerve.
Different types of Glaucoma
Open angle glaucomas (chronic glaucoma): It is most common. The eye is anatomically normal, but blockage or malfunction of the drainage channels slowly over many years causes elevated eye pressure. There is no pain but the field of vision gradually becomes impaired. We need to use chemical cleaner (eye drops) to open the drain or turn down the faucet. If this is insufficient, we can stake the drain (laser trabeculoplasty) & if that doesn’t work. We need to put in new plumbing (surgery / implants)
Angle closure glaucoma (Acute glaucoma): The trabecular meshwork is normal, but the iris is pushed against the meshwork & there is sudden and more complete blockage to the flow of aqueous. It means the drainage channels are covered by a stopper & we need to remove the stopper (laser iridotomy). This glaucoma can be quite painful & will cause permanent damage to sight if not treated promptly. Glued iol surgery in indore with best doctors at glaucoma treatment hospital in indore.
Secondary and developmental glaucoma: When a rise in eye pressure is cause by another eye condition it is called secondary glaucoma. Glaucoma in childhood is called developmental or congenital which is caused by malformation in the eye.
- People over the age of 45.
- People with family history of glaucoma.
- People with myopia are more prone to develop open angle glaucoma & those with hyperopia are more prone to develop angle closure.
Warning Signs of Glaucoma
- Trouble adjusting to dark rooms.
- Difficulty focusing on near or distant objects.
- Squinting or blinking due to sensitivity to light or glare.
- Recurrent pain in or around eyes.
- Double vision.
- Dark spot at the center of viewing.
- Lines and edges appear distorted or wavy.
- Excess "watery eyes".
- Dry eyes with itching or burning.
Surgical Facility Includes
- Trabeculectomy with anti-fibrotic agents (MMC).
- Trabeculotomy for congenital glaucoma.
- Glaucoma Valve Implant / Glaucoma.
- Drainage Device for complicated cases.
what is Dacryocystitis ?
Dacryocystitis is an infection of the lacrimal sac, secondary to obstruction of the nasolacrimal duct at the junction of lacrimal sac. The term derives from the Greek dákryon (tear), cysta (sac), and -itis (inflammation). It causes pain, redness, and swelling over the inner aspect of the lower eyelid and epiphora.
After the infection clears, you may need a procedure called Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)
Add: Agha Chowk, Jabalpur Madhya Pradesh.
Phone Number: 0761 - 4925150 / 51 / 52
What's up Number: 06261912319